Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Telepalooza


Got a little chill after finding the event poster for the 6th Annual Jeff Nissman Memorial Telemark Festival and 2009 World Telemark Freeskiing Championships. Telepalooza is part of a series of freeskiing events that begin in California at Alpine Meadows on Feb. 26th, then head to Crested Butte and finish at Alyeska in April. I wonder if the competition is as stiff as the 3 Pin Grin Telemark Festival at Loveland where I finished in the middle of the pack -- yeah, most likely a lot stiffer. Although I am not prepared for the event this year, Telepalooza will be an incentive to get whipped into shape next winter. Not to mention the Chugach will be at our doorstep. Perhaps I had better start with 100 lunges right now. But first, I have to get clearance from my Athletic Director (Meghan).

2 comments:

Meghan said...

cool, sweetie! will the event happen in Anchorage in 2010?

Akensee4miles said...

Most likely. Does this mean you are condoning this activity?