Friday, February 6, 2009

CLAIM



A teacher at Kodiak's High School and I got to talking one day after school about skiing -- in the parking lot he saw me rearranging my BD's in the roof box. He started telling me about the new ski movie "CLAIM" by Match Stick Productions. The movie 'claims' to be the best ski film ever shot. For me the mantle spot for that honor has been occupied for 15 years by Warren Miller's "Steeper and Deeper" (psych). So, like a dutiful consumer I asked Amazon to ship up a copy so that I can determine whether the movie lives up to its billing. So far I have only viewed first ten minutes, but the opening sequence, shot in BC, is ridiculous. We will have to stop in "The Greatest Place on Earth" aka BC on our way down to the states for a taste the Canadian Powder.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

actually, i'd have to say my personal fave's are 'white winter heat' and 'skiing's great'