Friday, September 4, 2009

Alaska Dreamin'

Jake Beaudoin surfing Yakutat, Alaska beneath the towering Saint Elias Mountains.

So today, Meghan found a job posting for a Magistrate position in Yakutat and asked what I thought. Well I started nosing around the internet and found some ridiculous pics of the surfing just outside the Yakutat townsite (I am still nursing a nasty bite by the surfbug that I got this summer in Kodiak). It looks like the breaks are fairly consistent, but I'll bet the water is frrrrrigid (it's a glacier-fed bay). Alasaka Air flies a jet in and out, so leaving town wouldn't be a problem. Still waiting for Boppa Wilco (a human encyclopedia of Alaska and surfing knowledge) to get back about the life and waves in Yakutat. For now, it's all a daydream.

1 comment:

mom said...

I checked out your live camera in Anchorage and it really is a big city! Its almost midnight here, 2,800 miles away. You can't really be thinking about any body parts being in that water!
We enjoy seeing and hearing about your great adventures
miss you,
the Kelly Clan