Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to Bruce

Today is Bruce's birthday and he is celebrating with a weekend of adventure in Kodiak. He is deer hunting with our friend, Patrick. The high winds kept them inside yesterday, but they were off to an early start this morning. I am hoping that they each bring home a kayak full of meat!

Bruce's apartment on Lake Mendota

We met six years ago today, when Bruce was a graduate student out on the town in Madison, WI, celebrating his birthday, and I was finishing my last semester of college. I can hardly believe that six years have passed. We have had shared more adventures than I could have imagined, and I know that there are many more yet to come. I feel so fortunate to share to my days with such a wonderful partner. Happy birthday, Bruce-I love you!


British Columbia, Canada


Seattle

On the farm in Wisconsin

Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park, CO

Carpathian Mountains, Romania

On the Danube, Budapest

Lost Creek Wilderness Area, CO

Silverton, CO

Pruhonice, Czech Republic

xoxo

4 comments:

Zoya said...

I love this post!!! So fun to see photos of you guys from throughout the years. And to see Bruce's hair do change with time! Very fun. A big Happy Birthday to Bruce.

Nora and I made a "cookie cake" for him...and at her suggestion we put a deer on it...so there is a small frosted deer on the cake waiting for him when they get back! Brr...its cold outside! Fortunately they have a woodstove. :) Zoya

mom said...

Oh Meggie and Bruce. Great pictures. I too like Bruce's evolving hair styles. you have had so many great adventures together and many more to come.
All my love to you both
Happy Birthday Bruce

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Brucie! I remember the first time I met you in the winter in Ann Arbor when you two lovebirds were out here to visit Duncan and go to see your favorite band.

You two were so obviously smitten, it was adorable :-)

Team Wilco said...

Happy Birthday Bruce! We didn't even know it was your day! Congrats on the hunt and thanks for sharing some of your Kodiak time with us! Eat Cake!