Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Running with data (and Dave and Ben)

Map and profile of Saturday's run

Recently, I received a GPS watch as a gift for anniversary #1 from Meg. It's been quite fun wearing the watch, downloading the data, and looking at the topography of each run. Even a quick 5 miler around the neighborhood features short climbs that I'd never considered. I look forward to gathering more data about each outing to get an even better feel for the terrain in and around Anchorage. In the future, I hope to know as much about the routes near home as other outdoor enthusiasts living in Alaska. Perhaps inspired by this video, I've become more intrigued recently about getting out and "mapping" the surrounding terrain via trail runs. The data featured here is from a trip over Powerline Pass with Dave and Ben this weekend.

No comments: