Sunday, October 19, 2008

Shelley Visits Kodiak & Hilarity Ensues


Guest Blog: Shelley Sanderman
Clockwise from top left: Here I am, opening my "welcome" gift. My lovely hosts provided me with Alaskan beer, Alaska magazine, Alaska sticker, postcard and mug. Best of all...Alaska socks! Photo right: My triumph over Pyramid Mountain. Meghan showed me the amazing views of the ocean, mountains, and volcanoes. It looked very pirate's cove-esque.

Next: Enjoying reindeer sausage at King's Diner. Impulse item. Last picture: Reconnaissance. I was able to thwart the local seabirds' activities by building my own nest in the Kodiak grasses. Although my wildlife viewing skills have vastly improved, the Kodiak bear remains elusive. We seem to visit all the same locations, but he leaves shortly before I arrive. I am hoping to have better luck finding him if I wear my new socks tomorrow...

No comments: